Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lights On

I missed the best part of the Northern Lights because I was mesmerized by the dancing and colors. Still I did manage to get a couple of good photos.

Depending on how you view things this could look like a dove or a screaming skull.
Looking straight up at the fading Northern Lights.
We don't have any trees here so I used a power pole as a substitute.  The ice fog was coming over the mountains causing the rest of my photos to show the reflection from the Hamlet lights.  That is what is causing the red to the left of the photo below.  You can see the clouds distorting the Northern Lights in the photo.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah, sort of like the Dark Mark in the sky.

Fine; I'm a Harry Potter nerd.

Matthew & Michele said...

LOL.

Now that would have made a great blog post title.

MOM said...

awsum!!! wish I had your eye for angles!!

Tina said...

Oh how I miss the Northern Lights!